Each player is responsible for their own and others safety.
Prior to participating in any game:
- Know your teams Emergency Activation Plan.
- Identify who on your team is trained in first aid.
- Get fit to play and do NOT use hockey for exercise.
- See Dr. Reid's Presentation on Coronary Risk Factors and Patterns of Physical Activity in Adult Male Recreational Hockey Players.
- Share any health concerns or risks to your team.
- Know the address of the arena you are playing.
- Check the Arena Equipment and Protocol link for facility specific details and note the closest AED.
- Have someone retrieve the closest AED
- Have a second person Call 9-1-1;
- Have another person contact arena staff; and
- Follow instructions from 911 & AED until EMS arrives.
WRAHL offers basic insurance coverage for its players:
- FULL time registered players only.
- Does NOT cover loss of wages.
- CARHA Accident Claim Form.