Hockey is a dangerous sport and injuries do occur often. It is important that you and your team know what to do when an emergency occurs. Each player is responsible for their own and others safety.
- Prior to participating in any game:
- Identify who on your team is trained in first aid.
- Get fit to play .. do NOT use hockey for exercise.
- Share any health concerns or risks to your team.
- Know the address of the arena you are playing.
- Check the Arena Equipment and Protocol link for facility specific details.
- Download the Team Canada Emergency Action Plan and keep it in your bag.
1. Have someone retrieve the closest AED;
2. Have a second person Call 9-1-1;
1. Have another person contact arena staff; and
- FULL time registered players only.
- Does NOT cover loss of wages.
- CARHA Accident Claim Form.